When I stated out in the hobby, the folks I learned from where all using Yaesu, and thus recommended that I “go Yaesu” as well. I had no reason to think differently, and so that is where I find myself today, 5 years later.
Over the course of these years I have invested in my radio equipment slowly, but I do believe I am at a place now where I have everything I need 😉 . Yes, I am done.
Here is how I am outfitted as of today:
- 2014 – Ft-8800 – Dual band mobile in my truck
- 2016 – Ft-857d – All band 100watt rig for camping and portable
- 2018 – Ft-817 – All band QRP rig for lightweight portable and SOTA
- 2018 – Ft-991a – All band 100watt rig in the shack for VHF/UHF & HF
- 2019 – Ftdx-3000d – All band 100watt rig in the shack with SDRPlay2 as the workhorse for all HF bands and modes